In these terms and conditions, we cover what is included free in your standard install and what happens if we need to quote for extra work.
Sometimes issues arise on the day that means we can’t complete your install on the first visit, but if we know about these in advance, we can often resolve them beforehand.
So for the best experience, if you think there’s any reason why we might not be able to complete your install on the day, please let us know.
Please note, Standard installation jobs are to be completed by 5pm. Should you need a job which is after this time, Please call us on 0203 011 0182 as this means your job will now be classed as Non Standard.
Weekend appointments are available, however, there will be an additional cost for this service. Please call us on 0203 011 0182 to discuss your options.
- Fitting of the ev charge point on a brick or plaster wall, or to another suitable permanent structure.
- The ev charge point must be fixed to the main property and able to utilise the property’s earthing arrangement, (property's earthing arrangement must meet current regulations – we are required to check this by law)
- Up to 10 meters of cable, run and neatly clipped to the wall between the electricity distribution board / consumer unit and the ev charge point.
- Surface mounting of cable – i.e. no conduit or chasing (no running through ceiling voids/across suspended celilings/underneath floorboards)
- Up to 2 Hours fitting time.
- Routing of the cable through a drilled hole in one wall up to 500mm (20 inches) thick, if this is needed.
- The ev charge point must be located in your designated off-street parking area and be fixed at a height where it can’t be hit by a Vehicle. No higher than 1.8 meters (6 feet) above the ground.
- The fitting and testing of electrical connections and protections required for the ev charge point.
- Installation of a 40A MCB Type B (space in existing consumer unit required).
We allocate up to two hours for standard installations. If we can’t complete on the day because of supply related problems or unexpected extra works then we will reschedule an installation date once the additional works are complete or our quotation for the work has been accepted.
The EVHS grant application for homeowners in single dwellings (Bungalows, Detatched, Semi Detatched & Terraced houses) has now expired. We are no longer able to accept any orders for these property types from homeowners with a grant. Please call us on 0203 011 0182 to discuss your installation requirements.
- If required, your installation project manager or ev chargepod Expert will detail required works and provide a no obligation quotation for these services. Quotations are valid for a period of 30 days once issued.
- If it is determined that an installation cannot be completed on the day, will quote for additional works, and a new installation date will be given once payment has been made. Please allow up to 10 working days for a new installation date.
- If your ev chargepod Expert suspects that the installation will not comply with the OZEV grant requirements (see OZEV terms and conditions below), your installation will be paused. Should you disagree with that assessment, you will be given an opportunity to contest this by providing ev chargepod with information to state your case to the government, which we can then pass on to the DVLA/OZEV for pre-approval.
- Should ev chargepod receive approval to proceed, a new installation date will be given, please allow up to 10 working days for a new installation date.
- The owner/customer or a responsible adult of the age of 18 years or over needs to be present on site for the entire duration of the install.
- If the customer has a "sub board or secondary board" and the request is to run the EV chargepod from this board, should the cable from the main CU not be of a size which is capable of adding the EV chargepod, then this will be an additional cost to be agreed with the customer. This will be to either upgrade the cable, or run a new cable from the main CU.
- If a route requires us to run a cable through more than one wall, we will discuss this with you and provide a quote for the work.
Detached Garages/Cabling across pathways or groundworks:
- Should you require your charger to be installed on a detached garage or your cable is to be run below ground to get to your chargepoint location, we will need to discuss this with you as there will be additional time/costs associated with your installation. If you currently have power in your detached garage, we will need to know the cable size feeding the garage, the rating of MCB from the main consumer unit in the house and the size of the mini consumer unit inside the garage to establish whether this power can be used. If this power can not be used, a new cable will need to be installed from the main consumer unit in the house to the detached garage.
Potential Additional Chargeable Items:
- Domestic cable runs exceeding 10 meters. @ £12 per meter for 6mm cable and £18 for 10mm cable. EV Ultra data cable for load limiters are £18 per meter for 6mm and £24 per meter for 10mm.
- A mini consumer unit c/w overload and fault current protection is required, as there is not enough space on the existing board. @ £180
- Installation of a SPD (Surge Protection Device) @ £150
- Installation of a SPD (Surge Protection Device) plus Mini CU (in a combined unit) @ £250
- Load limiting device. OHME devices require the installation cable to be upgraded to EV Ultra Data cable which costs an additional £100 for the first 10 meters of cable. Additional cable charged as above.
- Gas/Water Bonding @£15 per meter if clipped neatly or @£20 per meter if enclosed in surface mounted trunking
- Any trunking, conduit, etc (not required under regulations); @£10 per meter
- All cable to be clipped to the wall at a height of no more than 6ft. If over 6ft, a quote will be provided.
- Any cable chasing @£50 per meter, however, any plastering required will need to be organised by the homeowner.
- Any ground works requested by the homeowner; @ £50+ per meter
- The necessity to introduce an alternative earthing system, ie an electrode/inspection chamber; if PMS add separate earthing £150
- Any additional or unusual works requested by the homeowner for the installation to take place, ie gas and water pipe bonding, equipment clearing, plumbing work etc. @POA
- Ground Mount of the home charge / work charge point; @POA
- What happens if we find that your existing wiring isn’t up to scratch:
- EV Chargepod follow Standard Regulations and guidelines on Electric Vehicle installations. If we can’t install in line with these rules, then your installation will be paused, and we will quote for the work needed to meet the required standards.
- If the existing electrical arrangements at the property are not in line with these rules or there is something else that makes it unsafe for us to install, then we will quote for the work needed to meet the required standards.
- What happens if your electrical supply is inadequate?
- We can only complete the job if the electrical capacity (i.e. main fuse) can support the additional electrical demands of the EV chargepod. If not, a load limiter will need to be activated and your cable upgraded.
1 year warranty:
Our home charge points are covered by a comprehensive 12 month warranty. Any hardware failure should be promptly reported to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the serial number, the date of installation and a brief description of the fault. The ev charge pod technical team will carry out an assessment and will contact you to get further details and if necessary arrange a service visit.
The warranty will be void if the charge point unit is opened, modified, tampered with or a repair is attempted by anyone other than our appointed electrician.
Your charger will need to be connected to the suppliers server via your home network (WiFi). Should our engineer not be able to connect your device, you will need to call the manufactuerer's technical department to run through the checks with them. If you need this, our engineer can supply you with the details, or you can call us on 0203 011 0182 where we can assist you with this. EV Chargepod are not responsible for an EV Charger not connecting to a manufacturer's server as this is not a network we have direct access to. If you change your Wifi supplier or get a new router after the installation, EV Chargepod are not responsible for reattending to pair your charger to your network. Please speak to your internet provider or your EV Charger manufacturer for more information.
Limitation of liability:
In no event will ECO Approach LTD accept any liability for any loss, costs or consequential damage due to the use and/or misuse of our hardware or software products except where this is caused by our negligence.
In no event will ECO Approach LTD accept any liability for any loss, costs or consequential damage due to the aborted installation of a home chargepoint where it is not safe or practical to install. This includes, but isn’t limited to, issues related to land ownership or power which can’t be assessed prior to install.
In these circumstances we will provide a refund (unless you withheld any key information from us). Once the charge point has been returned unused and in original condition and packaging within 14 days after planned installation. If the returned product meets our terms and conditions we will refund the money within 14 days of confirmation of return. There will be a reduction of £50 (Call out charge).
Our liability for any other losses won’t exceed the amount we charge you for your install, except for our liability for personal injury or death caused by our negligence and anything else where our liability can’t be limited by law.
You (the customer) are liable for any costs incurred due to the supply of false, inaccurate or incomplete information to us (ECO Approach Ltd) in relation to the OZEV and EST home charge grants or any other of the services we offer.
Occasionally, our installations may have to be rescheduled due to reasons outside of our control. for example, but not limited to vehicle issues, stock issues, engineer sickness and Covid. Should this happen, you will be offered an alternative date as soon as possible. Please call us on 0203 011 0182 to discuss this.
If your charge point is found to be faulty on the planned installation date we will rearrange an alternative installation date at no additional cost to you (the customer) and arrange collection of the faulty product and redelivery of a new charge point.
Electrical Vehicle Home Scheme (EVHS):
The Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OZEV) provides a grant for EV drivers to have a charge point installed at their home. Ev charge pod will process and manage the application in order to claim the grant for you.
If you have applied the OZEV EVHS grant to your order but don’t provide completed documentation to us then we will pause your installation until you’ve provided this.
If we haven’t received your completed documentation within 3 months of the date of payment then we will be permitted to cancel your installation. If we do this then we’ll be entitled to charge you a £50 administration charge plus any additional costs we’ve incurred in dealing with your order up to the time it’s cancelled. Where we can, we’ll take this from the payment you’ve already made for your order, and then give you a refund for any excess amount.
The grant is subject to a number of terms and conditions, a summary of which is provided here.
Summary of OZEV terms and conditions:
- Residents must provide evidence of being the registered lessee, or be named as the primary user of an eligible EV or plug-in vehicle in order to be able to claim the grant.
- Only one claim per vehicle can be made, even if you own more than one home. However, a single customer can claim one charging point per vehicle, for up to two vehicles.
- A list of qualifying electric vehicles is maintained at: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/…
- The grant is only applicable for residential addresses with designated private off-street parking.
- If you are not the property owner and freeholder of the building, signed written permission and a proof of address from the appropriate owner or management company must be obtained prior to installation of the charge point.
- Any area where the installation of a charge point may affect another property owner, written permission and a proof of address from the appropriate owners must be obtained prior to installation of the charge Point.
- If you are the property owner and freeholder of a listed building, we require listed consent from the local planning authority before an installation can take place.
- Full details of the grant terms and conditions are available here: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/government-grants-for-low-emission-vehicles
- If for any reason your application for the OZEV grant is rejected, you will be consulted as to the reasons why and liable to pay the full value of the grant (£350) to EV Chargepod.
- Customers who require additional information, or have any queries on the grant process should contact OZEV directly on: chargepoint.grants@OZEV.gsi.gov.uk
- If you wish to make a complaint, we will deal with it speedily and fairly. We will: Acknowledge your complaint within 5 working days of receipt and try and resolve your complaint fully within 4 weeks of receipt. If there are valid reasons for consideration of the complaint taking longer, we will keep you fully informed in writing or via telephone or email as you prefer and you will receive a response at the very latest within 8 weeks. Email email@example.com
Cancellation of an Order
Prior to installation booking
If your charge point delivery has already been processed (please call our customer service team to confirm status) you will need to return all goods within 30 days of order date. If the delivery has been processed you will receive a refund with a reduction of £25 to cover the administration fee.
However if the delivery hasn't been processed we will reimburse the full amount of your order.
After onsite survey (if required) or on date of installation
We will reimburse the amount of your order with a reduction of £95 to cover the call out and administration fee. You will be required to arrange the return of item/items and postage will be payable by yourselves.
The item must be returned in the original manufacturer's packaging, in perfect condition and ready for resale with the original invoice.